The 2015+ Ford F-150 has no place mount your phone, unless you want to disassemble and drill your dash for ridiculous brackets. While the brackets look sturdy in photos, they mount to fairly thin plastic used in the upper cubby of the F-150 dash and you’d be forced to use long extension mounts to bring your phone within reach. This approach will leave you with a bouncy phone. So much for taking your Zooms while overlanding!
Alternatively, you could hang your phone from the windshield, obstructing your view (check with your state whether it’s actually legal first) but be ready for that silicone suction cup to dry out in a few months - losing its stickiness.
Or perhaps you heard of mounts that glue onto the dash. This certainly works if you don’t mind a little residue on your dash if you were to remove it or when it slides off from repeated exposure to heat or cold.
The Offroam mounting base takes a different (patent pending) approach: it mechanically clamps to the shelf of air vent trim bezel - without drilling. Unlike flimsy vent clips, the Offroam clamp for your Ford F-150 (also fits Ford Expedition, Ford Super Duty series) gives you a secure and safest mount base for your iPhone, Samsung Galaxy, or other cell phone. Installation is easy - no drilling holes, no glueing or dismantling the dashboard - just tighten two screws to attach the clamp onto the air vent bezel in seconds. Offroam clamp doesn’t fall off when it’s too hot or too cold, it won’t slide on turns, and stay put on all roads. We let our testing make these claims: see this F-150 Raptor on Mojave road.
Pair the Offroam clamp with an adjustable arm and a universal device holder (included in this kit) for a complete phone mounting solution in your Ford truck. Offroam products are backed by an awesome support team and a life-time warranty & a flexible returns policy. See you on the trails!
Here is why you should consider Offroam phone mount:
- Built for rugged off-road use. We have one rule when it comes to mods. No mod should limit your Ford truck capabilities. So the suction cups, glue, and that sticky tape was not an option for our design. Also we test our designs on Cypress Overland rental fleet of overland vehicles.
- Ultimate driving experience starts with an unobstructed view. We built the clamp to mount below the windshield so you can keep a clear view of your adventure. The phone will look like it’s just floating. Also - the top storage cubby can still be used.
- Modern luxurious interior style. We didn’t want mods that distract from Ford design. Our Ford F150 clamp uses the same stainless screws and precision machined + anodized aluminium - just like as your truck, so your friends will think it came with it.
- Quick to install & no drilling. Who wants to drill their brand new Ford truck to install a phone mount? We realize most people don’t have access to a fully-equipped shop. So we include the L-keys you will need to install the clamp in about a minute.
- Keep the air flowing. If you live in south Texas you need all the AC you can get. The arm is a perfect length to keep the phone away from the air vent. And the clamp still lets you aim the flow where you want it or close the vent fully.
What's in the box?
Everything you need to mount your phone securely for your next adventure trip in your Ford.
1X Offroam air vent clamp custom designed for F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, Expedition air vents
1X Double Socket Arm
- 1X Phone Cradle
The clamp is custom designed to fit OEM Ford air vents only. It is not compatible with 3rd party air vent modifications.
The kit comes in two variants. One is designed to fit the outer dash air vent on either driver or passenger side. And the second variant is designed to fit the centre dash air vent.
Fits Ford F-150 (2015 - 2020) 13th Generation
- Fits Ford Super Duty F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550 (2017 - 2021) 4th Generation
- Fits Ford Expedition (2018 - 2021) 4th Generation
- iPhone 6/7/8, iPhone 6/7/8 Plus, Phone X/XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11/PRO + Max, iPhone 12/PRO + Max
- All similarly sized Android devices from Google, Samsung and other manufacturers.
- Can rotate 360 degrees on 20mm ball mount (integrated with cradle)
- Phone clamp width in closed position - 60mm (2.36")
- Phone clamp width in extended position - 97mm (3.82")
- Arm length of 89mm (3.5") is perfect to keep your devices away from the air vents
Best service and by far the best phone mount that i have seen worth every penny I paid for it and really feels secure
Dear Jim, thank you very much for your kind words and thank you for choosing Offroam for your Ford!
Happy Trails :)
High quality materials & very easy to install. Works great, would recommend!
Since I work in oil service field ND so I drive most often on unpaved road
This is absolutely amazing holder I definitely recommend it
Dear Daniel, we are so glad the Offroam mount is alongside you holding the phone while you drive unpaved roads for work!
Thank you for your kind words,
Wasn't for sure if I would like this or not. I'm pleasantly surprised at the ease of installation, lack of usable space it takes up and it doesn't shake or lose it's position once secured. Definitely recommend!
I have gone through multiple mounts that don’t fair so well off road! This mount works amazing on and off road! Love how it's easy to adjust!