Tell us if this sounds familiar: you bought your new Jeep to have the best off-road experience. You love the rugged and iconic exterior styling combined with modern luxury on the inside. However, that fussy infotainment system with a laggy screen response leaves you attached to your phone. Also, your favorite off-road navigation apps are not compatible with the uConnect system.
So you buy that suction cup phone holder from Amazon thinking you got a killer deal at $11.99. But in a month you are on your third type - trying all the top-selling China-special universal-clip-in and glue-on holders. But your phone still falls down on your dashboard about once week just commuting... So you can’t even think about driving off-road with your doors off... so much for taking the Jeep on adventures.
There’s gotta be a phone holder that doesn’t suck, right? We thought so too - and after trying just about every one money can buy we had to build one for our off-road adventures.
Here is why you should consider Offroam phone mount:
- Built for rugged off-road use. We have one rule when it comes to mods. No mod should limit Jeep’s capabilities. So the suction cups, glue, and that sticky tape was not an option for our design. Also we test our designs on Cypress overland rental fleet of overland vehicles.
- Ultimate overlanding experience starts with an unobstructed view. If you have ever taken the doors off your Jeep or folded down the windshield then you know exactly what what difference an open view makes. We built the clamp to mount below the windshield so you can keep a clear view of your adventure. The phone will look like it’s just floating. Also - the top storage cubby can still be used.
- Modern luxurious interior style. We love the JL Wrangler interior. We didn’t want mods that distract from Jeep’s design. Our Jeep clamp uses the same stainless screws and precision machined + anodized aluminium - just like as your Jeep, so your friends will think it came with it.
- Quick to install & no drilling. Who wants to drill their brand new Jeep to install a phone mount? We realize most people don’t have access to a fully-equipped shop. So we include the L-keys you will need to install the clamp in about a minute.
- Keep the air flowing. If you live in south Texas you need all the AC you can get. The arm is a perfect length to keep the phone away from the air vent. And the clamp still lets you aim the flow where you want it.
- Jeep Wrangler JL (2018 - current) centre air vents only
- Jeep Gladiator (2019 - current) centre air vents only
- Jeep Wrangler JK (2008 - 2010)
- Jeep Wrangler JK (2011 - 2018)
- iPhone 6/7/8, iPhone 6/7/8 Plus, Phone X/XS, iPhone XS Max, iPhone XR, iPhone 11/PRO + Max, iPhone 12/PRO + Max
- All similarly sized Android devices from Google, Samsung and other manufacturers.
- Can rotate 360 degrees on 20mm ball mount (integrated with cradle)
- Phone clamp width in closed position - 65mm (2.56")
- Phone clamp width in extended position - 95mm (3.74")
- Arm length of 90mm (3.5") is perfect to keep your devices away from the air vents.
INCLUDED IN BUNDLE
Each bundle includes everything you need to mount a phone securely for overlanding expedition or off-road travel. The box contents are:
(1x) Offroam clamp - 20mm Ball mount version: CNC machined from solid aluminium. Shiny black hard anodized. Stainless steel screws included in bundle.
(1x) Phone Mount: heavy duty spring loaded cradle fits modern phones with and without cases, holds gear solid, and takes less than a second to slide your phone in. Holds phones up to 3.4" wide and 0.5" thick.
- (1x) Arm: designed to work with 20mm ball Offroam attachment point. Overall length 3.5"
Installation tools & spares: 2mm allen key is included, along with a spare screw.
I puchased the mount, extension, and phone holder kit. This is a very well made/ thought out product.... easy install and holds the phone securely with no movement. Tried in serval locations and it never made a mark on the plastic trim rings, rubber trim ring very protective. With all the versatility and a stable mount, this should be the go to for the jeep! Highly recommend!
This is a very well-made mount. It doesn't block my view or screen, and it's easily reachable from the driver's seat. Unfortunately, the clamp that holds the phone is so strong that it's a struggle to release my iPhone 12 pro/plus.
I got my new iPhone 12 and obviously it’s big and bulky, so I went looking for a mount that could hold it... regular vent holders can’t support these bigger phones Ok, so I’m not a salesman or a pusher of anything... but hands down this is the best phone mount for our rigs I could find!!**( JEEP)** It’s SOLID, STURDY and leaves our field of view wide OPEN!! I have a manual transmission and it clearly out of the way of that also.. Anyone who wants their phone while out on the trail or just out on your own crappy hometown roads, seriously get this!!!! As for the review below mine!! Seriously
What man ever said it was too tight!! Come on man!!! JEEP LIFE 4x4 LIFE!!!
Thanks Alexa you were a great help!!! JP.
Arm and mount work great. The actual cell phone holder (ie clamp with springs) too tight. I'm sure if I rolled my Jeep it would still be in place. But day to day functionality not great. Have to use both hands to pull apart the clamp, then cell phone falls out every time.
Love the phone Mount no glue or tape you can take it off and it’s like you never had one. It’s sturdy holds my iPhone with a cover very well. Would definitely purchase again.