Tell us if this sounds familiar: you bought your new Jeep to have the best off-road experience. You love the rugged and iconic exterior styling combined with modern luxury on the inside. However, that fussy infotainment system with a laggy screen response leaves you attached to your phone. Also, your favorite off-road navigation apps are not compatible with the uConnect system.
So you buy that suction cup phone holder from Amazon thinking you got a killer deal at $11.99. But in a month you are on your third type - trying all the top-selling China-special universal-clip-in and glue-on holders. But your phone still falls down on your dashboard about once week just commuting... So you can’t even think about driving off-road with your doors off... so much for taking the Jeep on adventures.
There’s gotta be a phone holder that doesn’t suck, right? We thought so too - and after trying just about every one money can buy we had to build one for our off-road adventures.
Here is why you should consider Offroam phone mount:
- Built for rugged off-road use. We have one rule when it comes to mods. No mod should limit Jeep’s capabilities. So the suction cups, glue, and that sticky tape was not an option for our design. Also we test our designs on Cypress overland rental fleet of overland vehicles.
- Ultimate overlanding experience starts with an unobstructed view. If you have ever taken the doors off your Jeep or folded down the windshield then you know exactly what what difference an open view makes. We built the clamp to mount below the windshield so you can keep a clear view of your adventure. The phone will look like it’s just floating. Also - the top storage cubby can still be used.
- Modern luxurious interior style. We love the JL Wrangler interior. We didn’t want mods that distract from Jeep’s design. Our Jeep clamp uses the same stainless screws and precision machined + anodized aluminium - just like as your Jeep, so your friends will think it came with it.
- Quick to install & no drilling. Who wants to drill their brand new Jeep to install a phone mount? We realize most people don’t have access to a fully-equipped shop. So we include the L-keys you will need to install the clamp in about a minute.
- Keep the air flowing. If you live in south Texas you need all the AC you can get. The arm is a perfect length to keep the phone away from the air vent. And the clamp still lets you aim the flow where you want it.
- Jeep Wrangler JL (2018 - current) centre air vents only
- Jeep Gladiator (2019 - current) centre air vents only
- Jeep Wrangler JK (2008 - 2010)
- Jeep Wrangler JK (2011 - 2018)
- iPhone 6/7/8, iPhone 6/7/8 Plus, Phone X/XS, iPhone XS Max, Phone XR, iPhone 11/PRO
- All similarly sized Android devices from Google, Samsung and other manufacturers.
- Can rotate 360 degrees on 20mm ball mount (integrated with cradle)
- Phone clamp width in closed position - 65mm (2.56")
- Phone clamp width in extended position - 95mm (3.74")
- Arm length of 90mm (3.5") is perfect to keep your devices away from the air vents.
INCLUDED IN BUNDLE
Each bundle includes everything you need to mount a phone securely for overlanding expedition or off-road travel. The box contents are:
(1x) Offroam clamp - 20mm Ball mount version: CNC machined from solid aluminium. Shiny black hard anodized. Stainless steel screws included in bundle.
(1x) Phone Mount: heavy duty spring loaded cradle fits modern phones with and without cases, holds gear solid, and takes less than a second to slide your phone in. Holds phones up to 3.4" wide and 0.5" thick.
- (1x) Arm: designed to work with 20mm ball Offroam attachment point. Overall length 3.5"
Installation tools & spares: 2mm allen key is included, along with a spare screw.
The mount itself is very solid. The clamp for the phone is strong, and I don’t see an issue with it long term. The ball mounts are also very sturdy, and the phone does not move at all under normal use (I haven’t been off road with it yet). The product is pretty flexible in that you can mount it on any of the front vents and the angle can be adjusted very easily.
My only complaint is that while it does not block the airflow of the vent it is installed on, it does drastically reduce your ability to change the direction of the vent or close it completely. I anticipated this, though, and it was not a deal breaker for me.
This mount is expensive but was totally worth it. No other mount fits the Wrangler correct. I love it and it was worth every penny. Don’t waste your money buying several others.
This thing is durable and installed easily. I looked around for other holders after one i bought on Amazon failed miserably because it was cheap crap. Would recommend this. .
The quality of the product is undeniable, however the clamp holding the mount fell off within a few days. I re-installed the mount and hopefully it will stay attached. I didn't want to over tighten the small allen head bolts. If it stays put, I would elevate my review.
Loving this so far. Holds my phone perfectly. It’s tight and secure and I was able to set it up so it’s not in my way. And still have great airflow. Would definitely recommend this.